01 Rainforest Alliance Certification

Because we breathe good coffee and value the use of this commodity, we take 100% care to ensure that every link in the chain is respected and valued. Our organic coffees are grown and harvested in an ecological way, free of chemical pesticides and fertilisers. 

We want to contribute towards a better world for people and nature. That is why we source our coffee responsibly by buying from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. 

The Rainforest Alliance is working to solve some of the most pressing social and environmental issues of our time.

— including the climate crisis — by changing the way the world produces and consumes its food. When you choose Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee, you are supporting the farmers who are looking after their workers and our natural resources.

02 Organic label

Four of our coffees are organic and their packaging contains the Organic Label (EU). With our organic coffee, we produce a high-quality, pure and healthy product. We focus on healthy soil and environment welfare, in accordance with mandatory criteria. 

The Organic Label on the packaging of our coffee gives visual visibility to our four organic products produced in the EU. Four of our coffees are certified as organic by an authorised control agency. They are produced, processed transported and stored following strict conditions of the institute in the EU. We are allowed to use this logo, because our products contain at least 95% organic ingredients, and we respect the strict conditions for the remaining 5%. 

Wearing this organic label means that our coffee is grown without artificial fertiliser, with a great deal of attention for a resilient, fertile soil and without chemical-synthetic crop protection products.

03 Fair trade label

The Fair Trade mark on our coffee means that our coffee is fairly produced and fairly traded. The label also means the product is fully traceable (kept separate from non-certified products) from farm to shelf. You can find this label on all our single-ingredient coffee products, vouching for our commitment towards a sustainable coffee chain. 

04 FSC label

We proudly wear the FSC-label Mix (Forest Stewardship Council). This is a label from an independent, not-for-profit, nongovernmental organisation established to support environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests. 

The vision behind FSC is that the world’s forests meet the social, ecological, and economic rights and needs of the present generation without compromising those of future generations. The label helps consumers in making informed decisions about the products and materials they purchase. 

05 Swiss Water Certification

The Swiss Water® procedure is a sustainable, organically certified and 100% chemical free process for removing caffeine from coffee. This procedure is always possible for all coffee products.

We say yes to the following decaffeination processes: SWISS WATER® and CO² procedure. The differences are the following:

  • Natural: gentle process that uses four elements to remove caffeine from coffee: water, coffee, time and temperature. NO artificial chemicals. 
  • Great Tasting: Swiss Water® Process enables to retain the taste and aroma of the original coffee bean, just without the caffeine. Adding no residual flavour. 
  • Caffeine Free: After decaffeination, our beans are  99.9% caffeine free (exceeding the FDA standard for “caffeine free”).
  • Using no chemical solvents 
  • CO² can be reused 
  • Due to the steaming of the beans the coffee is milder and less aggressive

We say no to the following procedure: DCM

DCM means that during the procedure an aggressive chemical process or reaction takes place. There is added off-flavour, and in the end not all chemicals are removed from the coffee, unless they use a proper roasting. 

06 Fostplus Certification

The Fostplus trademark on our packaging is partly an environmental label. Belmoca pays a contribution to Fostplus, as the latter uses the funding to collect, sort and recycle Belmoca’s packaging in the most sustainable way. It is a well-known and internationally protected symbol (established in accordance with the principles set out in European Directive No. 94/62 and the relevant national legislation).

  • Quality.
  • Service.
  • Taste.
  • Weversstraat 24, 1840, Londerzeel België
  • Visits are only on appointment.

© Belmoca NV